From: me <kmcdona1@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Video server for mac clients
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 23:26:57
1 Well, from experience working w/ Mac's for the last 10 years, Appletalk sucks.
2 You won't really get performance out of it, though it's handy, effective, and
3 simple.
4 You could mount via FTP, the finder has a built in client program of sorts,
5 and you can make aliases that way as well. FTP blast's on the LAN, can't
6 imagine what kinda speeds you'll get on a crossover cable.
7
8 No clue on the gentoo side of things, sorry.
9 Here trying to learn a lot more about it myself! LOL!
10
11 - Kevin
12