From: Jordi Molina <warp3r@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Video server for mac clients
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:21:27
1 Hi list,
2
3 Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that he wants to mount the remote
4 server as local to mount/edit the videos stored on it.
5
6 In that case, even using the fastest protocol (IMO, choosing btween
7 AT, SMB or NFS, it's NFS) the delay on performance will be
8 "noticeable", just say it on this way, it won't be the same than doing
9 a RAID0 on the macs and editing the files from there.
10
11 But, if you mean that you'll use the amd64 as a fileserver, or just to
12 store the originals and the produced masters, i recommend you using
13 NFS.
17 Hope it helps a little bit :)
20 Jordi