From: Bernhard Auzinger <e0026053@×××××××××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] fsck seems to screw up my harddisk
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:01:46
1 Am Montag 27 November 2006 20:32 schrieb Guido Doornberg:
2 > "> Well, I want to use Gentoo but i don't realy like the idea of spoiling
3 >
4 > > my weekend by installing an OS thats gonna stop working 30 times
5 > > booting later.
6 >
7 > I doubt this is really Gentoo-specific."
8 > - you're right on that, I love gentoo, but I hope you understand what I
9 > mean.
10 >
11 > 1. My kernel version is gentoo-2.6.17-r7 - so it isn't an experimental
12 > kernel
13 >
14 > I can't post my emerge-info now because I don't have everything needed
15 > for booting (monitor and stuff)
16 >
17 > 2. You really made me doubt about that, but I don't think that is the
18 > problem. I'll do some more research on that.
19 >
20 > 3. I'll look for that next weekend =)
21 >
22 > Thank you =)
23
24 Maybe you could try another filesystem. I don't think that your issues depend
25 on the choosen filesystem. But trying another one may gives you further hints
26 what is really going on.
27
28 rgds
29