From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Printer Setup
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 21:31:03
1 "Jack Cuyler" <jjvcuyler@×××××××××××××××.com> posted
2 egqpdl$2fp$2@×××××××××.org, excerpted below, on Sat, 14 Oct 2006 13:41:09
3 +0000:
4
5 > I was amazed to find that Brother is releasing GPL drivers for many of
6 > their printers, as well. I recently bought an MFC 210C for less than $50
7 > at Office Max after seeing at www.linuxprinting.org that it works
8 > "perfectly". The drivers are packaged in rpm or deb, but after some
9 > fiddling, they do indeed work perfectly.
10
11 That's very good news, as Brother is a popular brand. I had actually been
12 looking at some Brothers but had no idea what the freedomware support was
13 like, so...
18 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
21 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list