From: Jack Cuyler <jjvcuyler@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Printer Setup
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 17:03:51
1 On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:43:43 +0000, Duncan wrote:
2
3 > At least in the inkjet range, for Linux, Epson or HP are by far the best
4 > supported. Perverting Cannon's slogan, on Linux, it's more "No you
5 > Cannon(t)", tho it's better supported than the likes of Lex- (aka
6 > shit)mark. I've not taken the time to research lasers as I will before I
7 > actually buy, yet.
8
9 I was amazed to find that Brother is releasing GPL drivers for many of
10 their printers, as well. I recently bought an MFC 210C for less than $50
11 at Office Max after seeing at www.linuxprinting.org that it works
12 "perfectly". The drivers are packaged in rpm or deb, but after some
13 fiddling, they do indeed work perfectly.
16 Cheers,
17 Jack
18
19 NO ONE CARES WHAT MY DEFINITION OF "IS" IS
20 NO ONE CARES WHAT MY DEFINITION OF "IS" IS
21 NO ONE CARES WHAT MY DEFINITION OF "IS" IS
22 NO ONE CARES WHAT MY DEFINITION OF "IS" IS
23
24 Bart Simpson on chalkboard in episode AABF02
27 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list