From: Daemon Xavier <daemon.xavier@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] crossdev and depclean
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 23:09:01
1 dont you mean "/etc/portage/package.keywords"?
2
3 On 1/16/07, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss03@××××××××××.net> wrote:
4 >
5 > On Tuesday 16 January 2007 15:29, Aggelos <marmango@××××××××.gr> wrote
6 > about '[gentoo-amd64] crossdev and depclean':
7 > > I followed the DistCC Cross-compiling Guide
8 > > (http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/cross-compiling-distcc.xml)
9 > > and run
10 > > crossdev -t i686
11 > > Now, whenever I run (on the x86_64 machine)
12 > > emerge -av --depclean
13 > > it wants to unmerge those packages merged by crossdev, like:
14 > > cross-i686-pc-linux-gnu/binutils
15 > > cross-i686-pc-linux-gnu/linux-headers
16 > > cross-i686-pc-linux-gnu/glibc
17 > > cross-i686-pc-linux-gnu/gcc
18 > >
19 > > So, what should normally be done in this case?
20 >
21 > Add one (or more) of these packages to /var/lib/portage/world, either
22 > manually or via emerge -n.
23 >
24 > --
25 > "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
26 > it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
27 > clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
28 > -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh
35 "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow
36 in Australia." Charles Schultz
37 "No penguins were harmed during the writing, just a bunch of broken windows
38 to let them escape..."-xtacocorex