From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] crossdev and depclean
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 22:28:20
1 On Tuesday 16 January 2007 15:29, Aggelos <marmango@××××××××.gr> wrote
2 about '[gentoo-amd64] crossdev and depclean':
3 > I followed the DistCC Cross-compiling Guide
4 > (http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/cross-compiling-distcc.xml)
5 > and run
6 > crossdev -t i686
7 > Now, whenever I run (on the x86_64 machine)
8 > emerge -av --depclean
9 > it wants to unmerge those packages merged by crossdev, like:
10 > cross-i686-pc-linux-gnu/binutils
11 > cross-i686-pc-linux-gnu/linux-headers
12 > cross-i686-pc-linux-gnu/glibc
13 > cross-i686-pc-linux-gnu/gcc
14 >
15 > So, what should normally be done in this case?
16
17 Add one (or more) of these packages to /var/lib/portage/world, either
18 manually or via emerge -n.
21 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
22 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
23 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
24 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh