From: Barry Schwartz <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Change Install Prefix
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 23:00:44
1 Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> skribis:
2 > As I understand things, overlays could not be the answer because they
3 > are intended only for packages outside of the standard portage tree.
4 > I want to install some standard packages into an alternative location.
5
6 I use overlays to customize ebuilds sometimes; for instance I compile
7 dev-lang/icon with a patch to include some code I wrote for a related
8 project. Just modify the ebuild to do what you want. Writing and
9 modifying ebuilds can be nontrivial, though.