From: Jonas Pedersen <jonas@×××××.dk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] KDE 4.1
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 08:59:34
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Dienstag, 5. August 2008, Mark Haney wrote:
3 >> Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
4 >>> works great one ebuild or so from over 200 did not work (kfloppy which I
5 >>> don't need anyway) --ignore-failures (with pkgcore) or keep-going
6 >>> (portage) are your friends.
7 >>>
8 >>> kde 4.1 works very well. There is a kwin crash on logout - but that is
9 >>> easy to deal with - click away the info box and logout/shutdown proceeds.
10 >>>
11 >>> There is only one annoying bug:
12 >>> kmail/konqueror/kopete/kio_http/kio_pop3/kwallet aren't really quit if
13 >>> you close their window and accumulate over time. The bug is already
14 >>> reported. It does not hurt much - once in a while a killall is needed.
15 >>> Maybe a kde4.1 bug or a glibc bug - I don't know.
16 >> The last reply mentioned something about FF3 crashing, do you experience
17 >> that problem?
18 >
19 > no. I don't use firefox much. But when I am using it (youtube, babyart,
20 > eurosport to see the vids and others) it works very well without any crashes.
21 > I use it everyday for a couple of sites and I had not one ff crash so far.
25 I can also confirm that FF3 does not crash on my KDE 4.1 setup. Further
26 to that I don't see the kwin crash on logout.
27
28 Brgds.
29 Jonas