From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] KDE 4.1
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 14:33:50
1 On Dienstag, 5. August 2008, Mark Haney wrote:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > works great one ebuild or so from over 200 did not work (kfloppy which I
4 > > don't need anyway) --ignore-failures (with pkgcore) or keep-going
5 > > (portage) are your friends.
6 > >
7 > > kde 4.1 works very well. There is a kwin crash on logout - but that is
8 > > easy to deal with - click away the info box and logout/shutdown proceeds.
9 > >
10 > > There is only one annoying bug:
11 > > kmail/konqueror/kopete/kio_http/kio_pop3/kwallet aren't really quit if
12 > > you close their window and accumulate over time. The bug is already
13 > > reported. It does not hurt much - once in a while a killall is needed.
14 > > Maybe a kde4.1 bug or a glibc bug - I don't know.
15 >
16 > The last reply mentioned something about FF3 crashing, do you experience
17 > that problem?
18
19 no. I don't use firefox much. But when I am using it (youtube, babyart,
20 eurosport to see the vids and others) it works very well without any crashes.
21 I use it everyday for a couple of sites and I had not one ff crash so far.