From: Qian Qiao <qian.qiao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] clone system
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:53:32
1 On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 13:49, Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com> wrote:
2 > I have two amd64 boxes, one is athlon64 5600 dual core, AMD chipset,
3 > 'radeonhd' video driver, the other is an older athlon64 3000+ single
4 > core, VIA chipset, 'radeon' video driver. I installed the VIA-based by
5 > just copying the whole / directory from the AMD-based, with custom-built
6 > kernel, and rebuilding the xserver.
7 >
8 > In the future I'd like to do the 'emerge -uDV world' compilation only on
9 > the dual core.
10 >
11 > Is there a way to keep the older system up-to-date without compiling on
12 > it anything except the kernel and the xserver, e.g. by copying the
13 > updated files over the network? I know I could set up distcc and let the
14 > single-core do the linking only, I was wondering if there is an even
15 > quicker method like network copy of pre-compiled binaries.
16 >
17 > raffaele
18
19 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=2&chap=3#doc_chap4
22 There are 3 kinds of people in the world: those who can count, and
23 those who can't.