From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Systemd migration: opinion and questions
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 12:14:39
1 Duncan posted on Sat, 23 May 2015 08:17:59 +0000 as excerpted:
2
3 > Off for a 1 AM sync and some testing, now... if I don't get too sleepy
4 > to think straight first. Still 219 with those patches applied if 220
5 > isn't in-tree yet when I sync. I'll post back when I have some results.
6
7 Well, back with a mixed report... still on 219_p112 as 220 still hadn't
8 made it to the tree.
9
10 Upstream's patch for the tmpfiles/subvolumes/dirs thing worked perfect.
11 =:^)
12
13 The gentoo-bug proposed patch to get IPv4-only working again... not so
14 much. It addressed one complaint in the log, but that wasn't the major
15 problem, apparently, and networkd still doesn't bring up the network
16 properly.
17
18 But, while I was testing, I tested something that another poster had
19 noted on the upstream IPv4 bug -- networkd appears to be configuring the
20 interface, just not bringing it up. So a simple ifconfig <iface> up
21 (what I used, or equivalent IP command, which is what he used) brings the
22 interface up, configured as it should be. =:^)
25 Between the two, I think I'll stick with 219_p112 instead of reverting
26 back to 218-r3, for now. The tmpfiles.d thing is fixed by the upstream
27 patch I dropped into /etc/portage/patches/sys-apps/systemd before the
28 rebuild, and I can do a manual ifconfig up after reboot for now, or setup
29 a quick service to automate it if I get tired of doing the manual ifconfig
30 thing.
31
32 So mixed report, but there's progress, and a workaround for the remaining
33 issue, so 219_p112 with additional patches and a manual workaround it is,
34 for now. =:^/
39 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman