From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Systemd migration: opinion and questions
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 08:18:16
1 Rich Freeman posted on Wed, 20 May 2015 07:22:39 -0400 as excerpted:
2
3 > So, you can't use 219 because it lacks fixes to some bugs. Systemd-220
4 > will probably fix those, and change who-knows-what else.
5
6 FWIW, systemd-220 is out upstream now, but there's not an in-tree gentoo
7 ebuild for it yet (well, as of a bit under a day ago when I last updated).
8
9 Here's a link to the article where I found out about it (it was on the
10 lxer feed I subscribe to via claws-mail's feed-reader addon, but that was
11 just a redirect to the below article, which I'm linking directly instead):
12
13 http://www.itrunsonlinux.com/desktopos/systemd-v220-released/
14
15 The article pastes in the 220 changelog, apparently verbatim (minus the
16 "contributors to this version" paragraph systemd normally puts at the end
17 of each version's changelog).
18
19 That should have the patch for my btrfs tmpfiles.d "v" vs. "d" bug, as it
20 was committed before the 220 release, tho I've obviously not tested it
21 yet.
22
23 And while there's still no developer comment on the upstream IPv4 bug I'm
24 CCed on, and as stated, no gentoo 220 yet, there's a patch from upstream
25 for me to try on the gentoo IPv4 only bug I filed. Presumably, if it's
26 from upstream, that should be in 220 as well, and if it works...
27
28 Off for a 1 AM sync and some testing, now... if I don't get too sleepy to
29 think straight first. Still 219 with those patches applied if 220 isn't
30 in-tree yet when I sync. I'll post back when I have some results.
35 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman