From: "Marcus D. Hanwell" <cryos@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] kdepimlibs requiring -kdeprefix?
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 19:57:18
1 On Wednesday 07 January 2009 09:09:12 Mark Haney wrote:
2 > I sync'd portage and ran emerge -upD world and got this message:
5 > emerge: there are no ebuilds built with USE flags to satisfy
6 > ">=kde-base/kdepimlibs-4.1:4.1[-kdeprefix]".
7 > !!! One of the following packages is required to complete your request:
8 > - kde-base/kdepimlibs-4.1.3 (Change USE: -kdeprefix)
9 > (dependency required by "app-cdr/k9copy-2.1.0" [installed])
10 > (dependency required by "world" [argument])
13 > I've had nothing but pain trying to get kdepimlibs updated to 4.1.3, so
14 > I've just left it out there hoping it'll be fixed at some point. I've
15 > not this problem before and I"m hesitant to change that USE flag for
16 > this one thing. So, what's the deal here? Is it okay to change it for
17 > that one item? I don't want to change it for all KDE, but this seems
18 > weird to have this one not work like the rest of KDE.
19
20 Do you have +kdeprefix set in your /etc/make.conf? I.e. is all of KDE
21 including kdepimlibs installed using +kdeprefix? It looks like you might have
22 installed KDE with +kdeprefix and k9copy without. If that is the case it would
23 need fixing.
24
25 In any case, to track it properly the correct place to report this would be
26 bugs.gentoo.org. With details of your environment etc (emerge --info, KDE
27 versions). A quick thing to try is USE=kdeprefix emerge -av k9copy.