From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: urgent: Segfaults after synchronously emerging|downloading 30GB|burnng a DVD iso image
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 08:55:22
1 On Monday 29 May 2006 21:22, Duncan wrote:
2
3 > #Dev/Part MntPnt Type MntOpt D F
4 > # for mount --bind, --rbind, and --move
5 > #/old/dir /new/dir none bind 0 0
6 > /. /rootbind none bind,noauto 0 0
7
8 [etc...]
9
10 Looks interesting. Thanks.
11
12 > Now, of course, I wouldn't use PM in any case, as it's slaveryware.
13
14 No, I thought not.
15
16 > From what you've said, it seems like it still has some limitations on the
17 > Linux side, tho I'd hope by now it at least supports the basic Linux
18 > filesystem types, including reiserfs/ext3/jfs/xfs.
19
20 No sign of Reiser yet, as far as I can see, but ext3 is there so I've been
21 using that for my Linux partitions. But for me, by far the worst part of PM
22 is not a limitation but a swaggering arrogance - that its programmers know
23 my system and my needs better than I do, so that I have no option but to
24 yield. That makes the program simply unusable, and I intend to tell them
25 so.
28 Rgds
29 Peter.
30 --