From: Will Briggs <will@××××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Qemu could not build with GCC 4
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 09:49:37
1 Daniel Iliev wrote:
2 > Hi, everyone!
3 >
4 > Portage says "Qemu could not build with GCC 4" and that is true. What am
5 > I supposed to do? I doubt I should file a bug report because devs
6 > obviously know about this issue. Please, advice me what do to in order
7 > to get qemu working.
10 G'day Daniel,
11
12 Unless someone knows a more efficient way of doing it, the only option
13 to you is to build a gcc3.X version (it's slotted so that you can have
14 more than one version of gcc installed). Then using gcc-config, switch
15 to a gcc 3.x config, emerge qemu, and then switch back to gcc 4.
16
17 I already had a gcc 3 version (I don't remove old slots of gcc until
18 they have been superseded twice) so it was easier for me...
19
20 W.
21 --
22 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list