From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Qemu could not build with GCC 4
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 10:24:36
1 On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 20:46:15 +1100
2 Will Briggs <will@××××××××××××××××××.au> wrote:
6 > Daniel Iliev wrote:
7 > > Hi, everyone!
8 > >
9 > > Portage says "Qemu could not build with GCC 4" and that is true. What am
10 > > I supposed to do? I doubt I should file a bug report because devs
11 > > obviously know about this issue. Please, advice me what do to in order
12 > > to get qemu working.
15 > G'day Daniel,
16 >
17 > Unless someone knows a more efficient way of doing it, the only option
18 > to you is to build a gcc3.X version (it's slotted so that you can have
19 > more than one version of gcc installed). Then using gcc-config, switch
20 > to a gcc 3.x config, emerge qemu, and then switch back to gcc 4.
21 >
22 > I already had a gcc 3 version (I don't remove old slots of gcc until
23 > they have been superseded twice) so it was easier for me...
24 >
25 > W.
26
27 Will, thank you for the solution.
28 It would be my first time to use intentionally slotting. I'll give it a
29 try.
33 Best regards,
34 Daniel
37 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list