From: Barry Schwartz <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Heads-up: KDEers: Particularly kde3-ers,
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 22:20:56
1 Sebastian Beßler <sebastian@××××××××××××.de> skribis:
2 > The last reason I stick with kde 3.5.10 for a while is that working with
3 > kde 4.x just doesn't feel right. Switching to kde4 is like switching to
4 > a completly different DE. KDE 4 isn't kde anymore, it is something
5 > absolutly different that calls itself kde.
6
7 A few months ago, having used KDE4 for a bit and sensing what was
8 ahead, I pre-emptively dumped KDE and now run just fluxbox and rox
9 pinboard (which I was running in place of the KDE3 wm and desktop,
10 anyway).
11
12 I don't know why I should adapt to the software, rather than the other
13 way around. It's not really a Gentoo problem that other projects won't
14 settle on a basic plan and stick with it, and I'm glad Gentoo hasn't
15 been like that.