From: Daiajo Tibdixious <daiajo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] radeon driver problems
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2016 09:36:06
1 This relates to my ATI driver conflict with xorg-server problem.
2 Sorry if this comes though in html format I did not realise the last
3 one was in html mode.
4 I'm trying the solution to stop using fglrx and just use the radeon driver,
5 however I'm getting weird problems.
6
7 I removed fglrx from VIDEO_CARDS. Enabled radeon driver as a module in
8 the kernel,
9 plus several other options recommended by the wiki.
10 First I hacked \etc\X11\xorg.conf to removed the ATI specific code,
11 however I get the same problem with X -configure code.
12
13 Googling the actual error "Screen 0 deleted because of no matching
14 config section"
15 shows that its not that, its some kind of driver problem.
16 I've tried everything I can think of (except putting the driver in
17 kernel with firmware blobs).
18
19 Instead of my phone I borrowed another computer and can transfer stuff
20 to it via USB.
21
22 I have enclosed xorg.conf (from X -configure) and /var/log/Xorg.0.log
23
24 Any hints on what else I can try? I don't want to try the other
25 alternative (use fglrx with old versions of xorg-server and the
26 input-evdev,video-ati drivers) yet.

Xorg.0.txt text/plain
xorg.conf.txt text/plain