From: Drake Donahue <donahue95@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] radeon driver problems
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2016 13:09:19
1 On Sat, 2016-10-08 at 20:35 +1100, Daiajo Tibdixious wrote:
2 > This relates to my ATI driver conflict with xorg-server problem.
3 > Sorry if this comes though in html format I did not realise the last
4 > one was in html mode.
5 > I'm trying the solution to stop using fglrx and just use the radeon
6 > driver,
7 > however I'm getting weird problems.
8 >
9 > I removed fglrx from VIDEO_CARDS. Enabled radeon driver as a module i
10 >
11 > the kernel,
12 > plus several other options recommended by the wiki.
13 > First I hacked \etc\X11\xorg.conf to removed the ATI specific code,
14 > however I get the same problem with X -configure code.
15 >
16 > Googling the actual error "Screen 0 deleted because of no matching
17 > config section"
18 > shows that its not that, its some kind of driver problem.
19 > I've tried everything I can think of (except putting the driver in
20 > kernel with firmware blobs).
21 >
22 > Instead of my phone I borrowed another computer and can transfer
23 > stuff
24 > to it via USB.
25 >
26 > I have enclosed xorg.conf (from X -configure) and /var/log/Xorg.0.log
27 >
28 > Any hints on what else I can try? I don't want to try the other
29 > alternative (use fglrx with old versions of xorg-server and the
30 > input-evdev,video-ati drivers) yet.
31
32 Assuming you run udev or eudev and dbus, recommend you delete or rename
33 /etc/X11/xorg.conf and allow the xorg server provided script to run and
34 do the configuration for you.
35 If xorg still fails, recommend you run
36 awk
37 '/CONFIG_LOCALVERSION_AUTO/,/CONFIG_SOUND/' /usr/src/linux/.config
38 and
39 provide the result here or in a pastebin.