From: Josh Sled <jsled@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Eselect Syntax Bug?
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 16:46:08
1 Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> writes:
2 > If you feel so inclined, would you save the following lines
3 > to a text file in some directory, give the file execute permissions,
4 > and then execute the file. These lines encapsulate the problem with
5 > the eselect code.
6
7 Runs fine here. :(
8
9 > But I also compiled with vanilla and the results are the same.
10
11 'vanilla' is the one that jumped out at me, too.
12
13 > Maybe in time I can gain some more insight into this behavior but
14 > right now I am stumped.
15
16 Very strange, indeed. I mean, the bash man page is very clear on the
17 grammar for 'name' (the token-class in question), and it does not admit
18 '-'. Maybe see if there's a bash bug or FAQ from that angle? Plus,
19 report the bad syntax to the eselect devs, of course. Even if it works,
20 it only works accidentally, and is bad form.
23 ...jsled
24 http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}