From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Eselect Syntax Bug?
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 16:18:25
1 On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 10:27:39 -0400
2 Josh Sled <jsled@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > It works fine, here:
5 >
6 > jsled@phoenix [~]$ eselect --help
8 >
9 > Global options:
10 > […works fine, no errors, &c.…]
13 That's the question. Why does it work on your system?
14
15 If you feel so inclined, would you save the following lines
16 to a text file in some directory, give the file execute permissions,
17 and then execute the file. These lines encapsulate the problem with
18 the eselect code.
21 #! /bin/bash
22 function-one()
23 {
24 echo "FOOBAR"
25 }
26 function-one
29 This code fails on my system. In fact, I booted into my old system,
30 a non-gentoo system, and the code also failed. However, after booting
31 into a Linux rescue disk, that runs from a CD and ramdisk, the code does
32 not fail. (All bash versions were 4.x.)
33
34 Although this problem is only of minor concern, it has become rather
35 annoying to me.
36
37 USE="net -afs -bashlogger -examples -nls -plugins -vanilla"
38
39 But I also compiled with vanilla and the results are the same.
40
41 Maybe in time I can gain some more insight into this behavior but
42 right now I am stumped.
43
44 Frank Peters