From: Brian Litzinger <brian@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Asus Z9200km ACPI locks machine: output with ACPI debug
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 05:11:04
1 > >brian wrote:
2 > >Asus Z9200km laptop with AMD Turion 64 MT-37 locks up during early
3 > >kernel boot in ACPI.
4
5 On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 07:42:35PM -0400, Nuitari wrote:
6 > Unplug your USB devices before booting the laptop.
7 > It is a very well discussed ACPI bug on google and you can get some fixed
8 > ACPI tables to compile into the kernel.
9
10 I've read extensively about that bug and tried everything
11 suggested including building kernels with the various DSDT tables
12 provided built in.
13
14 All lockup at the same point.
15
16 The 2.02 BIOS downgrade option is also not available for model.
17
18 Sadly, everyone figures I am running into the same bug and am simply
19 to lazy to use the fixes others have had success with.
20
21 So I'll just sit in my corner, all alone.
24 Brian Litzinger
25 --
26 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list