From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: How to comply with postinst message from openrc-0.5.3
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 20:01:02
1 On Wednesday 23 Dec 2009 16:16:03 Duncan wrote:
2 > Paul Stear posted on Wed, 23 Dec 2009 12:41:16 +0000 as excerpted:
3 > > I just do not understand how I action the following:
4 > >
5 > > WARN: postinst
6 > > /etc/modules.autoload.d is no longer used. Please convert your files to
7 > > /etc/conf.d/modules and delete the directory.
8 > >
9 > > I have the following entries in modules.autoload.d:
10 > >
11 > > nvidia
12 > > cpufreq_ondemand
13 > > cpufreq_userspace
14 > > powernow-k8
15 > >
16 > > How do I convert these files?
17 >
18 > What it means is list the entries in the other location, instead. The
19 > /etc/conf.d/modules file is reasonably well commented, so you should have
20 > little problem figuring out how to list them there, supplying any
21 > parameters as necessary.
22 >
23 Thanks Duncan,
24 It seems obvious now that you have pointed the way.
25 All seems to be well at the moment, I installed smplayer and am pleased with
26 the result.
27 I still haven't managed to get a cd player working yet. Kaffeine complains of
28 " Cannot find input plugin for MRL [cdda:/]"
29 I don't suppose you could guide me in this as well could you please?
30 regards
31 Paul
32 --
33 This message has been sent using kmail on gentoo.