From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: How to comply with postinst message from openrc-0.5.3
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 21:10:48
1 Paul Stear posted on Wed, 23 Dec 2009 19:06:23 +0000 as excerpted:
2
3 > On Wednesday 23 Dec 2009 16:16:03 Duncan wrote:
4 >> Paul Stear posted on Wed, 23 Dec 2009 12:41:16 +0000 as excerpted:
5 >> > I just do not understand how I action the following:
6 >> >
7 >> > WARN: postinst
8 >> > /etc/modules.autoload.d is no longer used. Please convert your files
9 >> > to /etc/conf.d/modules and delete the directory.
10 >>
11 >> What it means is list the entries in the other location, instead. The
12 >> /etc/conf.d/modules file is reasonably well commented, so you should
13 >> have little problem figuring out how to list them there, supplying any
14 >> parameters as necessary.
15 >>
16 > It seems obvious now that you have pointed the way.
17
18 LOL! I just had a bug like that! Mesa and from it, xorg-server wouldn't
19 install on my new netbook image, because eselect opengl wasn't getting a
20 valid profile. It took me two days, all sorts of ebuild and eselect code
21 tracing, and bothering the gentoo/xorg folks with a bug that ultimately
22 turned out to be invalid... to find out I had copied one too many config
23 files from my amd64 side, without editing. One of them put lib64 instead
24 of lib, in the LDPATH, and that one little thing, no lib64 in the 32-bit
25 chroot, which of course seems obvious NOW, screwed me up for two days!
26
27 I'm sure every gentooer has had cases of that. I guess they help keep us
28 humble. =:^)
29
30 > All seems to be well
31 > at the moment, I installed smplayer and am pleased with the result.
32 > I still haven't managed to get a cd player working yet. Kaffeine
33 > complains of " Cannot find input plugin for MRL [cdda:/]" I don't
34 > suppose you could guide me in this as well could you please? regards
35
36 I honestly haven't fiddled with it much. I don't do CDs much anymore, as
37 I listen to online radio, shoutcast stations and the like, most of the
38 time now. I'd use k3b to rip the CD to disk -- even to /tmp, which is on
39 tmpfs here (a CD is under a gig, small when you have 6 or 8 gigs of RAM
40 to play with, it fits just fine in tmpfs), if it was a single-shot that I
41 wasn't planning on keeping around. Then of course the ripped tracks,
42 mp3, ogg, whatever, would play just fine in whatever music player...
47 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman