From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Hard drive (installation)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 19:56:25
1 On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 3:24 PM, Henry W. Peters <hwpeters@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > So my question is: will an external HD work (I do audio
3 > editing/recording/graphics) as a system/work space? & more importantly, will
4 > Gentoo install on such a HD (external, usb 3))
7 You did mention USB3, as did others in this thread. Hopefully this is
8 obvious to all, but under no circumstances should you try to run an OS
9 on USB2 or less. eSATA or USB3 should in theory be fine, though I
10 have no experience with the latter (I guess in theory it should work
11 fine).
12
13 Sure, any USB will work, but for USB2 or lower you'll start to get an
14 experience that feels more like booting off of a LiveCD.
15
16 Rich