From: Chris Traylor <ctraylor@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] vmware-player fonts unreadable
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 01:34:59
1 On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 18:57 -0500, Michael George wrote:
2
3 > I recently upgrade my kernel from 2.6.17 to 2.6.19. I also upgraded hal
4 > to 0.5.7.1-r3, emul-linux libraries, and some other packages.
5 >
6 > I can run vmware-player just fine and my install of XP will run in it,
7 > but all the text is just little boxes. Luckily, I remember the
8 > important ones (exit, how to focus and release focus, etc), but I cannot
9 > change any options now.
10 >
11 > Has anyone else run into this? Is it perhaps the emulation libraries
12 > being a problem?
13
14 I haven't had this problem, but since you've upgraded your kernel, it
15 might help to run:
16
17 /opt/vmware/player/bin/vmware-config.pl
18
19 which can reset font paths and such. You may also wish to remerge the
20 player, and see if that helps.
21 Sorry, I couldn't be of more assistance, but maybe these simple steps
22 can solve your problem.
26 > --
27 > -M
28 >
29 > There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
30 > Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.
31
32 Chris
35 "Democracy is just a suggestion box for slaves."- Stefan Molyneux