From: Christian Aistleitner <tmgisi@×××.at>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] gcc-config (gcc32) infos
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 08:43:38
1 Hello,
2
3 i am curious about getting more information on gcc-config and the
4 semantics of gcc32 but i do not where to look for.
5 Google does not help.
6 Forum search did not help.
7 Irc did not help either.
8
9 I know that gcc-config is responsible for creating gcc32 and gcc64 and
10 actually calling the correct gcc with -m32 or -m64. However someone using
11 Fedora Core just told me gcc32 also exists on his system. However, he
12 claims that there gcc32 refers to "a privious installed gcc" (Looks like a
13 very strange naming scheme to me).
14
15 Googling hinted me that gcc32 and gcc64 are not likely to have be
16 "invented" by gentoo, but exist also elsewhere with the same meaning. On
17 which distributions/OSes?
18
19 Is there some standard semantics to "gcc32" which is valid across more
20 distributions/OSes? (I personally like the gentoo interpretation of gcc32
21 better than the FC one.)
24 Kind regards,
25 Christian.
28 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list