From: "Thomas Rösner" <Thomas.Roesner@××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Drive asignments for sata drives
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:05:55
1 ducasse.isidore@×××××.com schrieb:
2 > By the way, while trying latest 2.6.20 kernel, my machine couldn't mount my SCSI drive as sda2 anymore...
3 > I swear I didn't plug/unplug any device in the meanwhile.
4 >
5 > Got any clue? Is there a magic option to get in a shell and check with genkernel made kernels for the correct device node? Or a udev initramfs with just a prompt available?
8 The correct device name should fly by when the kernel detects the disk,
9 but that won't help you much if it get's scrolled out of view and you're
10 not dmesg-reading superman.
11
12 If you're using genkernel, shouldn't you have /dev/ram0 as root, anyway?
13
14 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/genkernel.xml#doc_chap2_sect9
15
16 Regards,