From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: KDE 3.5.10 konqueror and gcc 4.4.0
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 19:07:13
1 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> posted pan.2009.05.19.23.05.10@×××.net,
2 excerpted below, on Tue, 19 May 2009 23:05:10 +0000:
3
4 > But, kde/konqueror 3.5.10 now likes to die unexpectedly rendering some
5 > URLs. It'll launch, I can see the download dialog, then the konqueror
6 > window appears briefly, then dies.
7
8 I've pinned it to scripting. On sites I have scripting OFF on (my
9 default), everything works fine. Obviously some or sometimes scripting
10 works, as sometimes I can load sites with it on, other times not.
11
12 That means it's likely a problem in kdelibs, probably in libkjs.so
13 (.1.2.0), since I believe that's what handles the javascript.
18 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman