From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: Initial install issues
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 17:41:20
1 "Hemmann, Volker Armin" <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de> posted
2 200605171556.50195.volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de, excerpted below,
3 on Wed, 17 May 2006 15:56:50 +0200:
4
5 > 'declocking'
6 >
7 > is not a solution.
8 >
9 > If your ram does only workes underclocked, it is a reason to RMA it. If
10 > other ram has problems too, RMA the board.
11 >
12 > There is no reason to tolerate crappy hardware.
13 >
14 > Hardware has to work, or it is replaced. To be 'soft' with the vendors
15 > only encourages them to sell more crap.
16
17 Well, in my case I had purchased generic memory at a cheap price and got
18 what I paid for. I didn't immediately recognize that as the problem,
19 however, and since it worked most of the time...
20
21 In the OP's case, however, he said name-brand memory. That's definitely
22 worth returning, if it's found to be the problem. If declocking the
23 memory (only) works, then it's obviously the problem. =8^\
28 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
31 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list