From: Barry Walsh <bwalsh@××××××.ie>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] persistent-net.rules
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 12:24:37
1 Bernhard Auzinger wrote:
2 >> Possibly a fix for the MAC address, on the BIOS screen, press shift+f2
3 >> then alt+f3 which should reveal extra settings, including the option to
4 >> enter your own choice of MAC address for the nVidia adapter. The
5 >> original mac address should be on a sticker above the paralell port. You
6 >> don't mention which K8N neo2, so you may have two onboard NICs, and the
7 >> stickers MAC address will only be for one of them, the other being a
8 >> digit lower.
11 > You are amazing. I have my mac address back again :). Thank you very much.
12 > From where do you know these shortcuts to get extra options in the bios menu?
13 > Is there a specification available? My Mainboard is a K8N Neo2 Platinum
14 > (MS-7025).
15 >
16 > Thank you very much, both of you.
17 >
18 > rgds
19 > Bernhard
20 >
21 I know this only because the same MAC issue happened to me after a BIOS
22 flash.
23 --
24 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list