From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] KDE 4.2.4 and kdeprefix
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 18:40:13
1 On Dienstag 23 Juni 2009, Mark Haney wrote:
2 > Okay, I took a week off to hit my beach house in the Outer Banks and now
3 > I'm back and ready to roll. I was in the middle of my KDE 4.2.4 upgrade
4 > when I left (most is done, just a few things like kdeedu-meta need to be
5 > merged) and now I find that when I get back and sync up, doing a update
6 > of kdeedu-meta-4.2.4 has the '-kdeprefix' as a new use flag. I didn't
7 > see this before. Is this now a required USE flag for KDE?
8 >
9 > If so I need to blow away my existing packages and build everything new,
10 > so what's the best way to do that with the minimum of fuss?
11
12 kdeprefix has been masked ( a simple grep for it in /usr/portage/porfiles
13 would have told you that).
14
15 And yes, you have to start new.
16
17 The savest way is to deinstall all kde packages - I didn't do that (in fact, I
18 even had kde running while doing the switch), and it was ok.
19
20 Either way, kdeprefix is gone.