From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Enabling debug info in Wine?
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 16:47:24
1 On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 8:09 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > What would be a sufficient set of actions for me to take to get
4 > backtrace info from Wine that would be useful to Wine devlopers? Their
5 > Bugzilla folks are are saying, correctly I think, that everything
6 > necessary is stripped out and that the info I'm providing doesn't
7 > help. I don't see anything specific in the Wine flags.
8 >
9 > Is this some sort of major effort required where I have to go back
10 > and recompile many things on my system or is there a way to compile
11 > just Wine to give them what they need?
12 >
13 > I found this page to read:
14 >
15 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/backtraces.xml
16 >
17 > I do not understand the nostrip/splitdebug topic. I do not find
18 > either word in man emerge or man portage. Is this a gcc thing?
19 >
20 > My current gcc flags look like this:
21 >
22 > CFLAGS="-march=k8 -O2 -pipe"
23 > CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
24 > CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
25 > MAKEOPTS="-j2"
26 >
27 > Any comments about whether those are good or not for a
28 > non-developer, desktop user type like me would be appreciated. I don't
29 > mind changing cflags to get these folks what they want.
30 >
31 > Thanks,
32 > Mark
35 OK, so this seems to be part of using the FEATURES=" ... " line in make.conf.
36
37 I do not have a FEATURES line at all so I'm hesitant to just start
38 throwing things in. <<glug...help...>>
39
40 I've heard of things like sandbox and ccache but I've never touched
41 them. Would they be good things to use all the time or are they more
42 for developers?
43
44 Anyway, if someone can help clear this up I would appreciate it.
45
46 Thanks,
47 Mark
48 --