From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Silly X question.
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 13:12:10
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Dienstag 13 Januar 2009, Mark Haney wrote:
3 >> I've been mucking around with X lately after the upgrade to the latest
4 >> ati-drivers (not proprietary ones) and I followed Duncan's advice and
5 >> just pulled xorg.conf completely to see if the X server would manage my
6 >> display correctly.
7 >>
8 >> So, I renamed xorg.conf to xorg.conf.bak and restarted the system. So
9 >> far everything looks the same, which I think is a good thing, but I do
10 >> not see a new xorg.conf file in /etc/X11. Is that supposed to be the
11 >> case? I thought when the system had to detect everything it would
12 >> create a new one?
13 >
14 > I don't think so. But make sure that you don't have a xorg.conf in /root.
18 I do, but it's a broken one, one that I was using to try to get the
19 actual ATI drivers to work, it wouldn't have even come up right if X
20 have tried to use it.
23 Frustra laborant quotquot se calculationibus fatigant pro inventione
24 quadraturae circuli
25
26 Mark Haney
27 Sr. Systems Administrator
28 ERC Broadband
29 (828) 350-2415
30
31 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support