From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Silly X question.
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 12:59:57
1 On Dienstag 13 Januar 2009, Mark Haney wrote:
2 > I've been mucking around with X lately after the upgrade to the latest
3 > ati-drivers (not proprietary ones) and I followed Duncan's advice and
4 > just pulled xorg.conf completely to see if the X server would manage my
5 > display correctly.
6 >
7 > So, I renamed xorg.conf to xorg.conf.bak and restarted the system. So
8 > far everything looks the same, which I think is a good thing, but I do
9 > not see a new xorg.conf file in /etc/X11. Is that supposed to be the
10 > case? I thought when the system had to detect everything it would
11 > create a new one?
12
13 I don't think so. But make sure that you don't have a xorg.conf in /root.