From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] How to remove gnome completely
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:08:15
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > emerge -epv --tree gnome
3 >
4 > You may be getting some part of it pulled in because some old package
5 > no longer needed by make.conf is still on the system and emerge is
6 > trying to satisfy dependencies for those packages. Have you run a
7 > clean pass at
8 >
9 > emerge -DuN world
10 > emerge --depclean
11 > revdep-rebuild
12 > eix-test-obsolete
13 >
14 > and made sure the machine is really in the state you want it in?
15
16 The --tree command is perfect. It showed I finally managed to get it
17 clean. This box is a server and when I first installed it I left Gnome
18 on it just in case. Now, I don't need it, so I can safely get rid of
19 it. Thanks for all the suggestions.
25 Frustra laborant quotquot se calculationibus fatigant pro inventione
26 quadraturae circuli
27
28 Mark Haney
29 Sr. Systems Administrator
30 ERC Broadband
31 (828) 350-2415
32
33 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support