From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] How to remove gnome completely
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 22:13:16
1 emerge -epv --tree gnome
2
3 You may be getting some part of it pulled in because some old package
4 no longer needed by make.conf is still on the system and emerge is
5 trying to satisfy dependencies for those packages. Have you run a
6 clean pass at
7
8 emerge -DuN world
9 emerge --depclean
10 revdep-rebuild
11 eix-test-obsolete
12
13 and made sure the machine is really in the state you want it in?
14
15 Hope this helps,
16 Mark
17