From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Identifying CPUs in the kernel
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 14:50:30
1 On Friday 13 July 2007 15:01, I wrote:
2
3 [various things]
4
5 I meant also to say that I started out on this new build using the same CD as
6 I'd used before: 2006.1 minimal. When I'd installed a bare system it booted
7 OK and seemed healthy enough, but then if I ran "emerge -e system", the
8 resulting system would not load the Ethernet module properly, so I was
9 incommunicado. I did this several times (until I tired of banging my head
10 against that wall), including recompiling the kernel before the remerge,
11 after it or both or neither, before giving up and downloading a 2007.0 ISO.
12 That one worked fine.
13
14 This year is full of puzzles. I don't like mysteries.
17 Rgds
18 Peter.
19 Linux Counter 5290, Aug 93
20 --