From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Random letters on konqueror screen
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 17:45:38
1 On Saturday 20 January 2007 10:26, Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
2 wrote about '[gentoo-amd64] Random letters on konqueror screen':
3 > Hi,
4 > I keep getting random letters in square boxes at random positions on my
5 > konqueror screen.
6
7 They aren't random. Those the the access keys that allow you to quickly
8 activate a UI element; they are oft ued by mobility-implaired computer
9 users and are an accessibility feature, but as also the used by
10 power-users as website-provided shortcuts. On my system they don't show
11 up until I hit Ctrl by itself; the same keystoke will dismiss them.
12
13 For more details about access keys (non-KDE specific):
14 http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#adef-accesskey
15 http://www.cita.uiuc.edu/html-best-practices/standards/sect508.php --
16 under "Naviagation and Orientation"
17 Many other section 508 sites available; I don't know if accesskeys is a
18 hard-requirement but it does seem generally to be part of satisfying
19 section N.
22 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
23 bss03@××××××××××.net ((_/)o o(\_))
24 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy `-'(. .)`-'
25 http://iguanansuicide.org/ \_/