From: Antoine Martin <antoine@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Random letters on konqueror screen
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 19:31:30
1 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
2 > On Saturday 20 January 2007 10:26, Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
3 > wrote about '[gentoo-amd64] Random letters on konqueror screen':
4 >> Hi,
5 >> I keep getting random letters in square boxes at random positions on my
6 >> konqueror screen.
7 >
8 > They aren't random. Those the the access keys that allow you to quickly
9 > activate a UI element; they are oft ued by mobility-implaired computer
10 > users and are an accessibility feature, but as also the used by
11 > power-users as website-provided shortcuts. On my system they don't show
12 > up until I hit Ctrl by itself; the same keystoke will dismiss them.
13 >
14 > For more details about access keys (non-KDE specific):
15 > http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#adef-accesskey
16 > http://www.cita.uiuc.edu/html-best-practices/standards/sect508.php --
17 > under "Naviagation and Orientation"
18 > Many other section 508 sites available; I don't know if accesskeys is a
19 > hard-requirement but it does seem generally to be part of satisfying
20 > section N.
21 >
22 I just wished there was a way to tun the whole thing off...
23 (even at build time if necessary)
24
25 Antoine
26 --