From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Random letters on konqueror screen
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 19:50:35
1 On Saturday 20 January 2007 20:12, Antoine Martin wrote:
2 > >> I keep getting random letters in square boxes at random positions on my
3 > >> konqueror screen.
4 > >
5 > > They aren't random. Those the the access keys that allow you to quickly
6 > > activate a UI element; they are oft ued by mobility-implaired computer
7 > > users and are an accessibility feature, but as also the used by
8 > > power-users as website-provided shortcuts. On my system they don't show
9 > > up until I hit Ctrl by itself; the same keystoke will dismiss them.
10 [SNIP]
11 > I just wished there was a way to tun the whole thing off...
12 > (even at build time if necessary)
13
14 Oh, there is. But it's a secret... ;)
15
16 http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=Secret+Config+Settings#_Disable_the_accessibility_squares_CTRL_button_normally_activates_in_Konqueror_aka_Access_Keys_
17
18 Click on the + under the headline.