From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Random letters on konqueror screen
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 11:47:15
1 On Saturday 20 January 2007 19:47, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > On Saturday 20 January 2007 20:12, Antoine Martin wrote:
3 > > >> I keep getting random letters in square boxes at random positions on
4 > > >> my konqueror screen.
5 > > >
6 > > > They aren't random. Those the the access keys that allow you to
7 > > > quickly activate a UI element; they are oft ued by mobility-implaired
8 > > > computer users and are an accessibility feature, but as also the used
9 > > > by power-users as website-provided shortcuts. On my system they don't
10 > > > show up until I hit Ctrl by itself; the same keystoke will dismiss
11 > > > them.
12 >
13 > [SNIP]
14 >
15 > > I just wished there was a way to tun the whole thing off...
16 > > (even at build time if necessary)
17 >
18 > Oh, there is. But it's a secret... ;)
19 >
20 > http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=Secret+Config+Settings#_Disable_the
21 >_accessibility_squares_CTRL_button_normally_activates_in_Konqueror_aka_Acces
22 >s_Keys_
23 >
24 > Click on the + under the headline.
25 Thanks for the info
26 paul
27 --
28 This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
31 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list