From: Tonko Mulder <tonko.mulder@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Laptop freeze
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 18:01:12
1 On 7/6/08, Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > as i've told you the x11 ebuilds are really good and the overall quality of
4 > the git xorg is quite impressive. the cairo and glitz ebuilds always have
5 > some problems with autoconf, but once in a while they compile. i think that
6 > this is due to some autoconf-wrapper issues, but i'm not sure. use the
7 > portage ones instead of the 9999 versions for them.
8 Already running the portage one :)
9
10 > as for eselect-opengl i have 1.0.6-r2 installed well and without issues.
11 > i've posted my bz2 for opengl. try putting it in your distfiles directory
12 > and retry installing.
13 Thanks for the bz2, after putting it in my distfiles all I had to do
14 was adjust the ebuild to accept my keyword (~amd64) and it didn't have
15 any trouble installing.
16
17 I'll see when the git cairo wants to install.
18 Now I have another weird problem, I use my wireless network card (an
19 Atheros AR5006EG or and AR5007EG, lspci isn't that accurate I heard)
20 with ndiswrapper and sometimes it works and connects right away and
21 sometimes it can't detect any networks. And at times it detects the
22 networks but it can't connect for some reason.
23
24 Does anyone has an hint on that? Or anything else that helps, since
25 this is quite annoying