From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Laptop freeze
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 00:00:21
1 2008/7/6 Tonko Mulder <tonko.mulder@×××××.com>:
2
3 > On 7/6/08, Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > as i've told you the x11 ebuilds are really good and the overall quality
6 > of
7 > > the git xorg is quite impressive. the cairo and glitz ebuilds always have
8 > > some problems with autoconf, but once in a while they compile. i think
9 > that
10 > > this is due to some autoconf-wrapper issues, but i'm not sure. use the
11 > > portage ones instead of the 9999 versions for them.
12 > Already running the portage one :)
13 >
14 > > as for eselect-opengl i have 1.0.6-r2 installed well and without issues.
15 > > i've posted my bz2 for opengl. try putting it in your distfiles directory
16 > > and retry installing.
17 > Thanks for the bz2, after putting it in my distfiles all I had to do
18 > was adjust the ebuild to accept my keyword (~amd64) and it didn't have
19 > any trouble installing.
22 i thought that you already were on ~amd64 since you asked for 1.0.6 ebuild
23 that should be coded as unstable for amd64 branch... well, it doesn't really
24 matter much...
28 > I'll see when the git cairo wants to install.
29 > Now I have another weird problem, I use my wireless network card (an
30 > Atheros AR5006EG or and AR5007EG, lspci isn't that accurate I heard)
31 > with ndiswrapper and sometimes it works and connects right away and
32 > sometimes it can't detect any networks. And at times it detects the
33 > networks but it can't connect for some reason.
36 this is one of the things i've failed with.... there's a post in the forum
37 if you search ar5006eg that points to an ebuild they say it works (a
38 modified madwifi-ng driver) but i wasn't able to have it working (i think
39 that it's limited to x86 architecture). as for ndiswrapper i know that the
40 latest kernels are removing some ndiswrapper needed calls. also the
41 ndiswrapper is known to be quite buggy: it either works well or doesn't
42 really work.... i've had some terific experiences with it some time ago with
43 the bcm wifi boards and stopped using it at all. i preffer not having a
44 functionality than using that stuff installed. for what it worths, do you
45 have the wpa_supplicant and the linux wireless utils (iwconfig and other
46 utils) installed?!
50 > Does anyone has an hint on that? Or anything else that helps, since
51 > this is quite annoying
52 > >
53 > > >
54 > > >