From: Tonko Mulder <tonko.mulder@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Laptop freeze
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 08:00:22
1 On 7/7/08, Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > 2008/7/6 Tonko Mulder <tonko.mulder@×××××.com>:
5 > > On 7/6/08, Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > > >
7 > > > as i've told you the x11 ebuilds are really good and the overall quality
8 > of
9 > > > the git xorg is quite impressive. the cairo and glitz ebuilds always
10 > have
11 > > > some problems with autoconf, but once in a while they compile. i think
12 > that
13 > > > this is due to some autoconf-wrapper issues, but i'm not sure.GL development package gentoo use the
14 > > > portage ones instead of the 9999 versions for them.
15 > > Already running the portage one :)
18 > > > as for eselect-opengl i have 1.0.6-r2 installed well and without
19 > issues.
20 > > > i've posted my bz2 for opengl. try putting it in your distfiles
21 > directory
22 > > > and retry installing.
23 > > Thanks for the bz2, after putting it in my distfiles all I had to do
24 > > was adjust the ebuild to accept my keyword (~amd64) and it didn't have
25 > > any trouble installing.
28 > i thought that you already were on ~amd64 since you asked for 1.0.6 ebuild
29 > that should be coded as unstable for amd64 branch... well, it doesn't really
30 > matter much...
31 I am on ~amd64 as far as I know, although amd64 appears in my emerge
32 --info for some reason.
35 > > I'll see when the git cairo wants to install.
36 > > Now I have another weird problem, I use my wireless network card (an
37 > > Atheros AR5006EG or and AR5007EG, lspci isn't that accurate I heard)
38 > > with ndiswrapper and sometimes it works and connects right away and
39 > > sometimes it can't detect any networks. And at times it detects the
40 > > networks but it can't connect for some reason.
43 > this is one of the things i've failed with.... there's a post in the forum
44 > if you search ar5006eg that points to an ebuild they say it works (a
45 > modified madwifi-ng driver) but i wasn't able to have it working (i think
46 > that it's limited to x86 architecture). as for ndiswrapper i know that the
47 > latest kernels are removing some ndiswrapper needed calls. also the
48 > ndiswrapper is known to be quite buggy: it either works well or doesn't
49 > really work.... i've had some terific experiences with it some time ago with
50 > the bcm wifi boards and stopped using it at all. i preffer not having a
51 > functionality than using that stuff installed. for what it worths, do you
52 > have the wpa_supplicant and the linux wireless utils (iwconfig and other
53 > utils) installed?!
54 I do have wpa_supplicant and the wireless utils installed.
58 > > Does anyone has an hint on that? Or anything else that helps, since
59 > > this is quite annoying
63 > > >