From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: emerge-webrsync creates portage in /var/tmp/emerge-webrsync
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 14:10:52
1 On Tue, 2009-07-28 at 09:40 +0200, Raffaele Belardi wrote:
2 > I use emerge-webrsync to update a couple of boxes that are not connected
3 > to internet. I grab a portage snapshot, copy it
4 > to /var/tmp/emerge-webrsync/ and run the tool. It worked fine till
5 > yesterday, when it tried to create the updated portage/ tree
6 > under /var/tmp/emerge-webrsync/portage instead of /usr/portage/.
9 Looks like I wrongly diagnosed the problem: emerge-webrsync does create
10 a temporary portage/ under /var/tmp/emerge-webrsync, then uses rsync to
11 update the 'real' portage tree, so what I am seeing is perfectly normal.
12
13 But I did have a problem with the update, possibly related to free
14 space, I'll write in another message.
15
16 raf