From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Local network backup
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 12:49:07
1 On Freitag, 14. September 2007, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Here's today's problem.
3 >
4 > I have a firewall-cum-gateway box between my tiny LAN and the Internet. The
5 > gateway runs constantly, while the internal boxes run when needed (they're
6 > my laptop and workstation). I want to use some space on the gateway to
7 > store backups of the other boxes, and I'd like the backup to run unattended
8 > at a time when the others are likely to be running. This seems not to be
9 > possible without security risks.
10
11 so you want to store your most sensible data on the box most exposed to
12 attacks?
13
14 Doesn't that sound strange, when you think about it?
15 --
16 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list