From: sean <rsh.lists@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] linux32 or chroot
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 15:26:09
What usually works better for installing x86 programs, linux32 or
creating a chroot 32 environment?
I am guessing it is a bit of both.

My main goal is to get some of my old Loki games running.

Using the linux32 command I have had success with...
-Railroad Tycoon and patches, needed the patches to start
-Alpha Centauri, though the patch will not install, the game starts
-SimCity 3000 is kicking me hard, it installs, but not completely, seems
to be missing some files, including the executable. Patch has problems
because it cant find all the needed files of the install.
-and a few other games I have yet to try.

So would a chroot environment perhaps help with the problem apps?
I am sure I am not the first on this path, so how have some you done who
have tried these games?