From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Virtualization/WinXP
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 14:01:28
1 On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 1:55 AM, Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Am Tue, 26 Jan 2010 16:23:20 -0800
3 > schrieb Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>:
4 >
5 >> Completely off topic but what's the trick to free my mouse and
6 >> keyboard from the Vbox prison they seem to be in? I had to come to
7 >> another computer to send this message!
8 >
9 > By default you have to press the right Ctrl button; the exact button you have
10 > to press is displayed at the bottom right of the Virtualbox window. Doesn't
11 > Virtualbox tell you what to press when you first click into a guest window
12 > (unless you deactivate the popup)? After you install the guest additions you
13 > won't have to worry about that anymore though, since moving the cursor past the
14 > edge of windows' desktop boundaries releases it automatically.
15 >
16 >> Cheers
17 >> Mark
18 >
19 > HTH
20 > --
21 > Marc Joliet
22
23 It did tell me but I had dismissed it - not deactivated it - and at
24 the time was in a long SP3 update and couldn't restart it. I kept
25 reading it as the Ctrl + right mouse button and just didn't get it.
26
27 I managed to get out by downloading the user's manual on another
28 computer which had the instructions.
29
30 Thanks,
31 Mark